The title says it all, anyone ever tried to take a crack at this? or can point me in the direction of how?
I edited the patch_14_.tre, is that the correct one to edit? because the datatables/skills/skills.iff isn't in a single place...is there a specific file I have to edit?
If you use SIE to extract that file it will automatically extract the latest version (the one you need to extract whatever your working on). You can also look at the history for the file to see what is the latest version and in which tre file it lives.
2015-12-08, 03:17 AM
(This post was last modified: 2015-12-08, 03:18 AM by duffstone.)
I have done this, it works great. It's my preferred Jedi system, and I'll be writing up my current project once I have some time to do the paperwork. :-) Until then:
1) Extract datatables/skill/skills.iff
2) Remove the "Hidden" and "God Only" checkboxes
3) I have extensively re-modeled the tree skills, mods, schems, etc... so I don't remember what they look like by default. but I'd imagine the default versions would work out ok...
4) place the the datatables directory in your <drive>\<SWGDirectory>\ directory. My example: D:\SWGMODDED\datatables\skill\skills.iff
5) place the same directory structure in your server's bin directory. Again, my example:
6) load up your server, login in with the game, make sure you're in "God Mode", and set your character's jedi_state to 8. "/gmjedistate 8"
7) to train each skill, without a skill trainer (or a blue frog), which both take far more time to explain, you can use /grantskill jedi_padawan_novice or /grantskill jedi_light_side_master_master etc... you can get the box names from the skills.iff file.
that's pretty much it from a testing POV. There are a couple things that simply won't work doing it this way. 1st, you won't be able to tune a crystal. you need the skill force_title_jedi_rank_01 to tune. but the core won't let me train it. I started with a fresh core and got the same result, although I can't rule out that I completely clean. I was rushed... you can fake it by finding it and recompiling... search my posts, it's a recent example of where that is. you also won't be able to equip any of the robes.
but you can figure the rest out from here...