Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PP Derail continued...
EA and Origin are utterly useless. I've only used Origin for two things - BF3 which I played less than an hour before getting completely fed up and ME3 which I've still haven't gotten around to playing.

Its best just to automatically stay clear of anything even remotely related to EA.

I don't mind Origin as much, but I prefer Steam. At the end of the day, as far as I know, Origin does nothing more in the background than Steam.

With EA though, meh, I don't know, I'm disappointed. They had their shit in the early 2000s when they destroyed Westwood amongst many, even DICE really, but then they seemed to do better, which I had faith in, only to have them take the retarded road they're on now. They're still better than Activision, but, sigh... I knew a Lead Designer back in like... 2006 maybe, up in Redwood, he was a veteran of 6+ years, he couldn't stand the company anymore, lol.

Industry is kind of in a sad state right now. But it's slowly coming around I think. At least Ubisoft dropped their DRM crusade. Activision will remain a hopeless cause and THQ, well, I wish them all the best, poor Warhammer franchise though...

I never really understood the hate for Activision. I have no problems with them at all compared to the mess that is EA.

Origin sucks, it is essentially a drastically inferior version of Steam where everything is around double the price of Steam stuff and their definition of a 'special offer' is knocking stuff down to normal retail prices lol.

I wish there was more original stuff happening instead of all these companies pouring huge sums of money into trying and failing to rip off an existing service or product.

If I ever actually get around to playing ME3 then that'll probably be the last time I ever use Origin.

(2012-11-05, 07:30 PM)Timbab Wrote: Not that anyone will likely care, 'cause no one replied, but BF1942 is free on Origin now, if you haven't got a serial already.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/11/dow...-for-free/

Edit:

Oh God, it's glorious.

There is a bunch of new EA servers up for it too, all populated. Haven't played this in a millennial, I always talked about doing it, but this is aces. Gotta see if DC Final has more servers too.

Whoop, I approve. Wonder in a few years if we might see this happen to BF2 as well. Breaths some good live into old games.
[Image: 2156b479.gif]

I hope so, but I already got BF2 Complete a few weeks ago for free from EA, through that coupon glitch. :p

(2012-11-07, 12:26 PM)Tonberry Wrote: I never really understood the hate for Activision. I have no problems with them at all compared to the mess that is EA.

Origin sucks, it is essentially a drastically inferior version of Steam where everything is around double the price of Steam stuff and their definition of a 'special offer' is knocking stuff down to normal retail prices lol.

I wish there was more original stuff happening instead of all these companies pouring huge sums of money into trying and failing to rip off an existing service or product.

If I ever actually get around to playing ME3 then that'll probably be the last time I ever use Origin.

The hate against Activision is simple, they pulled a EA but amplified it as if they were on steroids. Kotick ruined that company in terms of anything but teh monies. Creative work environments are frowned upon, they butchered and milked their main series and haven't really done any innovating what so ever in quite some time.

Sounds like EA, I know, but at least EA had their sparkle here and there. Activision is just NOTHING but fail.

If I remember correctly, they were the first to bring PC games to the 59.99Euro barrier and that shit sold like hot buns, because the marketing made hormone raging bros think they need the newest CoD, even though it's the same thing all over again. Hey, it's actually starting to sound like Apple!

I don't like Origin, but in terms of anti privacy, as far as I know, it actually doesn't do anything more than Steam, and in terms of DRM's, Uplay is even worse.

But it'll get better eventually, CoD reign of supremacy is nearing its end too, so it's all gewd.

Ha, I love seeing Berry hating on this blight called Electronic Arts and at the same time being pissed at Bioware (from the other thread) because they gave in to the evil and sacrificed their creativity along the way, yes Berry, give in to your anger, it makes you stronger. Big Grin

Okay I'm gone.
[Image: mtgsig.png]

(2012-11-07, 08:48 PM)Kayliaah Wrote: Ha, I love seeing Berry hating on this blight called Electronic Arts and at the same time being pissed at Bioware (from the other thread) because they gave in to the evil and sacrificed their creativity along the way, yes Berry, give in to your anger, it makes you stronger. Big Grin

Okay I'm gone.

Well I do blame EA partly for Bioware's recent and drastic downfall. But at the same time I blame Bioware equally because a lot of their respected and big name staff have left recently. Even if these staff claim otherwise, it's clear that they also don't like the new path Bioware is following.

It makes me sad that SOE (Provided they don't continue ruining their games like SWG, EQ, MxO etc) may end up being one of the few creative groups out there. They definitely seem to have learned that just trying to copy existing products (WoW) isn't going to work and have been toying with a lot of cool ideas lately. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with in PS2 after launch and the new Everquest.