Hello There, Guest! Login Register


Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question on engine features (for strategy "mini game")
#1
So, I had an idea to add a strategy / empire building "mini game" on top of the existing SWG framework using the basic tools available.

I had a couple questions though on what the current systems can handle.

For example, can a mission reference another missions waypoint? (or a custom waypoint input by the player, so force a mission to be created using a certain waypoint)

Can a mission spawn in the world with no one nearby and resolve itself? ((For example, spawning a camp of rebels, and spawning some imperials to see if they destroy the NPCs).

Can missions get past the game wide limitation of 3 missions? (A special class of missions which are exempt?).

Can temporary zones which require overt status be created? (for example, creating a destroy mission that requires anyone nearby to be overt to enter).
 
Reply
#2
(2015-06-11, 07:46 AM)IvoryOasis Wrote: For example, can a mission reference another missions waypoint? (or a custom waypoint input by the player, so force a mission to be created using a certain waypoint)
I'm skeptical on this one.

Quote:Can a mission spawn in the world with no one nearby and resolve itself? ((For example, spawning a camp of rebels, and spawning some imperials to see if they destroy the NPCs).
Yes. You'd need to write the code for that to occur though with AI and Screenplays among other things.

Quote:Can missions get past the game wide limitation of 3 missions? (A special class of missions which are exempt?).
I imagine this could also be implemented.

Quote:Can temporary zones which require overt status be created? (for example, creating a destroy mission that requires anyone nearby to be overt to enter).
Yes.
Viaron
 
Reply
#3
(2015-06-11, 07:46 AM)IvoryOasis Wrote: For example, can a mission reference another missions waypoint? (or a custom waypoint input by the player, so force a mission to be created using a certain waypoint)
I'm skeptical on this one.

As it stands No.
Also, if it was written, you would have to have VERY strict parameters to avoid exploits or more likely griefing of other players.


Quote:Can missions get past the game wide limitation of 3 missions? (A special class of missions which are exempt?).
I imagine this could also be implemented.

Definitely Yes.
The mission limit is set in the code and could be adjusted for any amount of missions.

MissionManagerImplementation.cpp if your interestedSmile
 
Reply
  



Forum Jump:


Browsing: 1 Guest(s)